Friday, June 22, 2007

Okay, here are some quotes and some more information on Women's history or herstory.

Let's start with Mark Twain who said "Faith is believing what you know aint so"

Next is charlotte Perkins Gilmar's quote: "Instead of honoring war and competition society should honor that which advances humanity."


In case you are wondering what war and religion have to do with Women's history. As I
share more and more, you will come to see how they have everything to do with women,
men and society as a whole.


Thomas Paine said "I sincerely detest it (the Bible) as I detest everything that is cruel."

I would like to say that I don't detest the Bible only the cruel, inhumane, mean things
that are written in it. Many books have these and my only hope is that we will learn
from them and stop the insanity and start doing nice things to and for each other instead
of following in the ancient god's footsteps and being vengeful, full of wrath, distruction
and pain causing actions. I sincerely believe we have the ability to stop war and build a supportive society. In other words, we can learn from our past.

Yes, I will acknowledge that the Bible is also full of love and loving stories.

To set the records straight, I do not believe in a god. I do not want any gods or masters
to set the agenda for me. I want to be responsible for my own life as much as possible.
Maybe you are like I was . I didn't know that throughout history, women only had two options. Lie or Die. They could join the Nunnery or marry. Only women who were fortunate enough to have a good education, had any advantage at all and that advantage was small. Because, until 1920 women had no voice, no vote.

I want to join others in building a peaceful, safe, world for now and future generations.

That is why I blog. I hope to find others who see that we have room for improvement
and start now building to that end.

Thanks for your attetntion.

Until next time, good day and good luck.....

No comments: